RWANDA, 20 YEARS ON: HEALING THE SCARS OF GENOCIDE
April 17, 2014
Peacebuilding organisation International Alert are pleased to invite you to attend the ninth in a series of Peace Talks:
“RWANDA, 20 YEARS ON:
HEALING THE SCARS OF GENOCIDE”
on Monday 28 April 2014 at 18.30 at The Geological Society, Piccadilly, London (map)
As the world remembers the 20-year anniversary of the genocide in Rwanda, the people of the country are gradually piecing their lives together, even though deep-rooted trauma still haunts many. This event will explore how a country like Rwanda can move on from the devastation of a conflict and look towards a better future.
- Gloriosa Bazigaga, Rwanda Country Manager, International Alert
- Rt Hon Lord Jack McConnell, Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group on the African Great Lakes Region
- His Excellency Williams Nkurunziza, High Commissioner of Rwanda to the United Kingdom
- Dr Ian Palmer, Professor of military psychiatry; served operationally in Rwanda in 1994
- Dan Smith (Chair), Secretary General, International Alert
The panel will take the form of a free-flowing discussion and will be accompanied by a short film screening and photo exhibition on Rwanda.
The event is free to attend and will be followed by drinks and refreshments.
Please note that spaces for this event are limited. RSVP by Tuesday 22 April to reserve your place: email@example.com