Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships support candidates to study Master’s degree courses that are either offered in partnership with universities in developing countries, or delivered directly by UK institutions.
2014 Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are being offered for the following Master’s courses. Full details of these courses and the application process must be obtained from the relevant institution, via the links below.
Institute of Education, University of London
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- MSc Clinical Trials
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Infectious Diseases
- MSc Public Health
London South Bank University
Royal Veterinary College, University of London
School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
- MSc Poverty Reduction: Policy and Practice
- MSc Finance (Major: Economic Policy)
- MSc Public Policy and Management
University of Bath
University of Birmingham
University of Edinburgh
- Programmes across One Health, One Medicine
- MSc Global Health: innovation and education courses (Global Health and Non-Communicable Diseases, Clinical Education, Global Challenges, Paediatric Emergency Medicine, and Global eHealth)
University of Leicester
University of Liverpool
University of Oxford
University of Southampton
University of Stirling
University of Strathclyde
University of York
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be Commonwealth citizens of a developing Commonwealth country, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Normally hold a first degree of upper second-class standard, or higher qualification. In certain cases, we will consider a lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience
See Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2014 prospectus for further details.
How to apply
The CSC expects all candidates being considered for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship to have completed an application form using our Electronic Application System (EAS).
The deadline for applications is 23:59 GMT on 31 May 2014.
See the scholarship website for more detail.