HIIG Internet and Society Fellowship for Early Stage Researchers (Global)
August 19, 2015
In 2016 the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) once again opens its doors for fellow researchers from all over the globe. We invite applications from early stage researchers pursuing transdisciplinary internet research. If you are seeking exchange regarding your research aspirations and think your objectives match or complement ours, we look forward to hearing from you!
Our fellowship provides a unique opportunity to innovative thinkers to exchange experiences and set up new initiatives in an inviting intellectual environment. In addition, you will get in touch with other fellows during the common research period. The selected fellows are very welcome to collaborate in a growing international team and to participate in the research activities at our institute. We encourage you to actively shape your stay according to your research interests. We offer a number of opportunities to get involved with our research programme and discuss your research project with the HIIG research team, such as:
- Writing a paper related to your research project and publishing it for instance in our SSRN Internet & Society Series
- Holding a presentation about a topic of your choice in one of our Brown Bag Lunches
- Organising a workshop related to your research topic
- Engage in joint activities and projects with other fellows
- And more – according to your interest
Fellows are expected to bring their own funding through their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of their accommodation, insurance, childcare, and transportation arrangements. However, in specific cases we can provide a travel allowance of up to € 700,- and a visa subsidy of up to € 200,- on request.
We offer fellowships ranging from 3 to 12 months, in any period within 2016.
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- PhD in final stage / PostDoc (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
- Research experience and an Internet research project of your own
Required application documents
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation explaining your interest in the fellowship, your expectations and your research background (1 page)
- Outline of a) your research project, b) the work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, c) contributions you plan to realise during your stay, d) projects on our research agenda that are of interest to you, and e) if possible, preferred project partners at our institute (maximum 3 pages total)
- Optional: your latest publication or work sample covering Internet research (maximum of 1 paper / chapter / presentation in English or German)
Applications will only be accepted through our onine application form.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 30 August 2015.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the application process or the programme in general via firstname.lastname@example.org